Keystone Educational Academy is an educational program that supports students between grades of 7-12, who present with significant social, emotional, and learning disabilities. These disabilities affect overall ability for academic success or ability to participate within the educational community available within their home districts. Keystone Academy is a substantially separate school that focuses on the whole child approach regardless of the disability category. We acknowledge that some of our children today carry a larger emotional burden than students of the past, and that to navigate life’s many challenges they may need more specialized support and guidance than was historically provided The goal of this full day program is to assist children in developing healthy relationships, skills to self-regulate their emotions, communication skills to advocate for themselves and their needs, working toward their full academic potential.
Within our trauma-sensitive community, Keystone Educational Academy focuses on the areas of safety, respect and effective learning as a foundation to participate in the daily routines and expectations of student life.
Keystone Educational Academy strives to educate students to possess the social skills required for success in school and in the community while creating a learning environment where students can feel comfortable and confident so they can be the best version of themselves.
- Individualized academic and behavioral programming
- Daily literacy instruction
- Technologically and standard based academic curriculum
- Discrete trial and incidental teaching methodology
- Social skills, Conflict Resolution/Problem Solving Skills
- Crisis Intervention/Mediation
- Health and Wellness Awareness Education
- Vocational Skills Development/ Assessment
- Functional Life Skills
- Community Navigation Skills
- Parent and District support
- District Consultative Services
- Extended Evaluation
- Extended School Year Program
- 180-day School Calendar